Email us your design and we will expose it onto an aluminium screen. Please read through the artwork specifications below before sending your designs.
The lead time for exposed screens is currently approximately 2 weeks.
Choose between 43T mesh (for printing onto fabric) or 90T mesh (for printing onto paper, or very detailed designs for fabric). Please email us to discuss alternative mesh options (32T, 77T, 120T).
Screen films are often sent with your finished screen. Please let us know if you need yours and we will make sure to include them. Please note that screen films are used and so may have areas cut out, marks or tape. They are intended to help with registration and for your own records only.
Exposed screens are priced as follows:
(These prices are for an aluminium frame, stretched with mesh, exposed with your design.)
- 32 x 32cm (artwork page size 21 x 21 cm) 43T mesh @ £27
- A4 (artwork page size 21 x 29.7 cm) 43T mesh @ £31
- A4 (artwork page size 21 x 29.7 cm) 90T mesh @ £33.50
- A3 (artwork page size 29.7 x 42 cm) 43T mesh @ £46
- A3 (artwork page size 29.7 x 42 cm) 90T mesh @ £50
- A3+ (artwork page size 33 x 48.3 cm) 43T mesh @ £52.50 (A3+ screens are best suited to designs that are close to the edge of an A3 page to allow more room for printing)
- A3+ (artwork page size 33 x 48.3 cm) 90T @ £57.50 (A3+ screens are best suited to designs that are close to the edge of an A3 page to allow more room for printing - please email for more information)
- A2 (artwork page size 42 x 59.4 cm) 43T mesh @ £67
- A2 (artwork page size 42 x 59.4 cm) 90T mesh @ £71
The above sizes refer to the size of the artwork needed for each screen. See here
for exact dimensions of screens internally and externally.
Specifications for designs:
- Artwork must be sent as a PDF with a resolution of 300dpi.
- Please send your designs in portrait format (even if you will be printing landscape).
- Artwork must be black and white with no greys - please make sure that your design is true black (#00000) as this affects the quality of the print. If you would like to discuss half-toned images, please email with your enquiry.
Designs should be sent in the size you wish it to be printed An A4 PDF for an A4 screen etc., leaving at least a 2 cm gap around the edges (included in the A-sized dimensions). This gap is to enable us to produce your film positive- you may need more space around the edges in order to print your design. This depends on whether you are printing using a vacuum bed etc. Please contact us for more advice. Images for the 21 x 21 cm square screens must also be sent on an A4 PDF. The design needs to be no larger than 19 x 19 cm to fit in this sized screen.
- Text must be rasterized or outlined vector. Please ensure that artwork is flattened before saving or exporting as a PDF. Editable PDFs can cause loss of layers.
For a guide on how to prepare artwork for screens, please see our blog post
Please read our Custom Exposed Screen Terms and Conditions before placing your order.
Email your designs to email@example.com Once your artwork has been approved we will send a summary of your order followed by a link to make payment.
Call us on 01243 696789 for further advice when preparing designs or to send your artwork to place your order.
Postage costs £3.45 for standard delivery or £7.50 for tracked express courier. Delivery for A2 screens costs £7.50 as these are too large for the standard post.