Blog - June 2017
- Batik can be a really fiddly process that may seem a little scary to try at first – but it doesn’t have to be! In this project we have layered wax and dyes to create a wonderfully abstract fabric design that can be used for embroidery, quilting, lampshades, clothing or just a piece of artwork … Continue reading "Creating Layered Fabric Designs using Batik"
- Hello! My name is Jenny Sibthorp and I’m a textile designer based in the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset. I work predominantly with screen printed linen and leather, although some of my designs are now reproduced onto stationery and culinary ware too. Describe your printmaking process. Screen printing. All of my designs start … Continue reading "Meet the Maker: Jenny Sibthorp"
- Lennie & Co create unisex clothing for kids, that feature playful prints that capture the fun of being little. Created by graphic designer and mother, Amy Walker, Lennie & Co. is a collection of stylish kidswear that works hard and plays harder. Describe your printmaking process. In the early days I block printed personlised t-shirts … Continue reading "Meet the Maker: Lennie & Co"
- Our Handprinted Tea Towel Exchange for WaterAid is in full swing! Yesterday we opened the studio to anyone wanting to print their three tea towels and we got some lovely results. Tea towels aren’t due in to us until the end of June so there’s still time to take part. We’d love to raise lots … Continue reading "Printing Tea Towels for WaterAid"
- We have just launched our Ready Made Thermofaxes in a smaller size. The designs are the same as the Medium Ready Mades – just smaller (most images are about 6cm square). Thermofaxes are like a light weight screen and are great for printing your own textiles or papers. If you don’t know what a Thermofax … Continue reading "Printing Labels with Thermofax"