Blog - Studio News
We've been looking back on all our studio highlights for 2023, and what a year it's been! If you took part in one of our Fab Fridays, attended a workshop, or used the studio for open access - thanks for being...
- I (Bridget) was lucky enough to take part on last years Life-Drawing Monoscreen Printing workshop with Tricia Johnson. During the course, we worked with a life model to create painterly screen prints using the mono screen method. We used acrylic based screen printing inks and painted dire. . .
- We have had the pleasure of hosting lots of new and exciting Fab Friday workshops and wonderful Guest Tutors in 2022, exploring a variety . . .
- We’ve had another fantastic year in the Handprinted Studio. We are so grateful to everyone who supports us by attending workshops and events, using the studio or teaching with us – thank you! Here are just a few examples of the amazing work made in the studio this year. This small sample shows examples of … Continue reading "Handprinted Studio 2019"
- We were extremely lucky to be joined by Mississippi-based woodcut printmaker Sean Starwars in our Sussex studio on the 4th of July. Sean joined us for an artist’s talk, demonstration and workshop in which participants could print a woodblock or linocut t-shirt using Speedball Inks! Sean achieved his MFA in Printmaking from Louisiana State University … Continue reading "Meet the Maker: Sean Starwars"
- As a pattern-maker, textile printer and natural dyer – Sarah Burns is passionate about slow, local production that creates beautiful fabric and is kind to our environment. We’re excited to have Sarah in the Handprinted Studio teaching Block Printing with Natural Dyes on Wednesday 20th and Wednesday 27th November 2019. Describe your printmaking process. I … Continue reading "Meet the Maker: Sarah Burns"
- We took our pop up shop to Printfest in Ulverston once again this year. Printfest is an annual celebration of print that runs during the first weekend of May in Ulverston, Cumbria. There are 49 printmakers who exhibit there showing a wide range of techniques. It is lovely being able to meet and talk through …
- We’ve had another brilliant year in the Handprinted Studio! We love seeing our customers get stuck into loads of different techniques both in our workshops and during our open access days. As well as Shirley and Holly teaching workshops every week we’ve been lucky enough to have guest tutors such as Ian Phillips, Sue Brown, … Continue reading "Handprinted Studio 2018"
- Our Christmas Makers’ Market is just around the corner! We have an amazing selection of makers selling a variety of handmade goods including prints, paintings, glass, homewares, jewellery, cards and pottery. This is the perfect opportunity to shop local and support independent makers this Christmas. The Makers’ Market will be open on Friday 30th November from … Continue reading "Christmas Makers’ Market 2018: Meet the Makers!"
- We are very pleased to be showing a great selection of work currently at the Oxmarket in Chichester! This exhibition showcases local art workshops including Artworks Studio, Jo Dowers and Handprinted. We’ve gathered together works by our staff, guest workshop tutors and studio users to showcase some of the techniques that take place in the … Continue reading "Oxmarket Exhibition"
We are very excited to be hosting our very first Christmas Makers’ Market! We’ve got a brilliant selection of makers selling a huge variety of handmade goods including framed artworks, glass, homewares, clothing, dolls, stationery, cards and Christmas decorations. The Makers’ Market will be open on Friday 1st December from 6-8.30pm and on Saturday 2nd … Continue reading "CHRISTMAS MAKERS’ MARKET"
- This year 20 members of the Handprinted studio are submitting work to the 20:20 Print Exchange. The 20:20 Print Exchange is an exchange organised by Hot Bed Press in Salford. Each participant has to print an edition of 25 prints that are 20cm x 20cm. There are approximately 500 artists that take part from around … Continue reading "20:20 Print Exchange – Handprinted’s entrants"
- We’ve been thrilled to have Laura Boswell here for two Japanese Woodblock Workshops over four days this week. Laura’s workshops are packed with essential woodblock skills and invaluable advice to get you started with the art of Japanese Woodblock. Over the course of each two day workshop, the techniques are broken down into separate skills … Continue reading "Japanese Woodblock with Laura Boswell"
- Hello, My name is Hayley and for the past week I have been at Handprinted for work experience. I have loved every minute of it especially when I took part in the screen printing work shop onto fabric. It was my first time screen printing and I cannot wait to do it again. We began … Continue reading "Screen Printing on to Fabric Workshop"
- Our Handprinted Tea Towel Exchange for WaterAid is in full swing! Yesterday we opened the studio to anyone wanting to print their three tea towels and we got some lovely results. Tea towels aren’t due in to us until the end of June so there’s still time to take part. We’d love to raise lots … Continue reading "Printing Tea Towels for WaterAid"
- This past weekend we had Nick Morley AKA LinocutBoy come to our studio to teach a weekend course in Multi Block Lino. On the Friday evening he came and gave an illustrated talk and demonstration. Nick is softly spoken but his dry sense of humour was obvious in both his talk and his prints. We … Continue reading "A weekend with LinocutBoy"
- We are pleased to be opening our doors once more for the Chichester Art Trail! Both Shirley and Holly will be exhibiting their latest work in the Handprinted Studio. The exhibition will feature relief prints, screen prints, etchings, indigo dyeing and batiks! There will be framed and unframed works as well as homewares and bags … Continue reading "Chichester Art Trail Open Studio"
- We’ve had such a brilliant year in the Handprinted Studio! We have enjoyed seeing our customers get stuck into a huge variety of techniques both in our packed workshops programme and during our open access days. As well as Shirley and Holly teaching workshops every week we’ve been lucky enough to have guest tutors such … Continue reading "Handprinted Studio 2016"
- Over the weekend we had the pleasure of hosting a workshop taught by Ian Phillips. Ian creates stunning linocuts from his home in Mid Wales. Ian was in for two days teaching Reduction Linocut to a group of eager students! Ian Phillips is back with us in October for another of these incredible workshops. For … Continue reading "Reduction Lino Workshop with Ian Phillips"
- We are thrilled to be taking part in this year’s Chichester Open Studios Art Trail. 119 venues are opening their doors to 155 local artists exhibiting a wide range of work in and around the city of Chichester, West Sussex. The two of us here have been working hard putting together a body of our … Continue reading "Chichester Open Studios!"