Tie Dyeing 5 Ways – Part 3 – Scrunch Dyed T-Shirt
One plain white, cheap cotton T-shirt, made to look very Isabel Marant!
Here was our inspiration:
- Take one plain white T-shirt and soak it in water.
- Scrunch the T-shirt up and tie into a bundle.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Charcoal Procion MX Dye with 100mls of warm water.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Soda Ash into 100mls of warm water.
- Mix the two solutions together.
- Pour the mixed solution into a squirty bottle. And squirt the dye over the T-shirt. When the T-shirt is covered put into a plastic bag and leave for at least 2 hours for the dyes to react with the fibres. The longer you can leave it the better.
- Rinse the T-shirt under cold running water. First rinse it whilst it is still tied up and then when the water runs clear undo the knots and rinse again.
- After the water runs clear you can wash the T-shirt in a washing machine. We would recommend using Metapex on a 60′c wash. Metapex will remove the any remaining excess dye. (If you don’t have any Metapex you can use a non-biological washing powder/liquid).