These black and white leggings were purchased in the sale at New Look but never worn.
We mixed up three squirty bottles of dye putting 1 teaspoon of Soda Ash, 1 teaspoon of dye and 1 teaspoon of Urea in each along with 200ml of warm water. The dyes we used were Golden Yellow, Scarlet Red and Bright Royal. (We used Urea as this was not an immersion dye and, as Urea is a humectant (sucks moisture in from the air), it would help keep the leggings damp which would assist the fibres to react with the dyes.
We then squirted the dyes onto the leggings, making sure that enough was put on so it would soak through to the other side, but not so much so that the leggings would be swimming in dyes and that the colours would all mix together.
We covered the leggings with a sheet of plastic (bin bags work well for this) and left for two hours. Then we rinsed the leggings under cold running water until the water ran clear. Then we washed the leggings on a 60’c wash with a teaspoon of Metapex.
The finished leggings!